Sunday, July 13, 2008

My last attempt at sprouting went very wrong. They were smelly. I'm new to this so I'm not sure if it's the weather or if I didn't drain them enough?? I'm not giving up though, I am determined to make this work. This time I am sprouting my broccoli and chia on damp papertowels. I read about this somewhere on the web. After one day they already have little tails. Hope this works better that the sprouting jar. I also have some sunflower seeds sprouting, can't wait to eat those.

For dinner I had kale salad. I never tire of it. I made spicy avo dressing. My son loved it too. Somehow I managed to save some for lunch tomorrow. I love that my kids eat pretty healthy. I don't push raw on them but the do eat veggies and whenever I have a big bowl of salad they always want some too. They drink lots of smoothies but I'd like to start sneaking greens into them.

Today's food:

Strawberry, blueberry and pineapple smoothie with a scoop of Trader Joe's Very Green

Kale Salad

Other: MSM, Bee Pollen, Omega 3 6 9, Spirulina, Coconut Oil

No comments: