Monday, June 16, 2008

I heart coconut oil

I've been reading up on the benefits of coconut oil. I am addicted to the stuff. I've used it on my skin at night after a bath and I wake up soooo soft! I put some in my hair and I've eaten it. It does seem to supress my appetite as I've not been so hungry the last few days. I've also lost a few pounds. YAY! That freakin scale has been stuck on fat for about 2 months.

My broccoli sprouts are starting to sprout a little. I can't wait to eat them. I love love love broccoli sprouts. I want to sprout some chia seeds next.

I bought a dehydrator. It's just a Nesco that I got at Wal-mart but if I want to stay raw I really feel I need to make some dehydrated crackers and things. Last night I made sweet potato chips and tonight I made some flax crackers. They are drying right now. The sweet potatoes were good but I need to add a little more salt. I want to dehydrate some apples and make apple chips to go on that yummy fuji apple salad I miss so much from Panera. Of course it won't have chicken or feta so I have to work out a recipe. I made the dressing last year and it was so good.

Andre called the other day and told me that Jamal is eating bananas. He loves organic bananas. I thought it was great that he only wants to feed the baby organic. Hmmm, am I rubbing off on my kid? I guess they were listening all this time.

Off to the gym. Cardio only today since I worked upper, lower and abs yesterday.

No comments: