Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, New Me

I have neglected this blog for long enough. I am ready to start again. I am working on myself this year. It's all about me.

I have maintained my weight loss but fell off the raw wagon a few times. I am back on with a vengence now.

I am juicing right now. My goal is one month. After that I may go longer I'll have to decide what my body wants at that time. I have heard that you should not fast mainly for weight loss but that is my reason for fasting. This year I will get to my ideal body weight. I think around 14o.

Today's juice
Super Fat burning
1 grapefruit
1 lemon
cranberries
water

Tomato
1 tomato
3 roma tomatoes
cilantro
celery
cumin, cayenne, salt, garlic

Some say not to use salt on a fast but this is my fast and I can do it however I want.
I also had lots of water.

I went to the gym
11 min stair master
15 min eliptical
35 min strength training
45 min treadmill with intervals of running
I AM A RUNNER!! I've been wantin to run for a few weeks now but I've been scared of a few things. 1. Running in public - who really wants to see that? I was thinking I was too fat to run but I don't care what anyone thinks I am doing this for me. 2. I was scared I was going to fall and go flying off the treadmill. Guess what? I didn't! I just started slow - 4.5 mph. not too bad. A few times I cranked it up to 5.2. Ha. Felt really good. I did one minute of running and 3 or 4 minutes of walking 3.0 for 20 min then I walked at 3.0 for the rest of the time. Next time I will try for one minute and 15 seconds or so and work up from there. I was thinking I should do a 5K. OK, won't push it but it's something to work for.

Thats it for now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Most Treadmills offer some variety as well. Depending on the model you purchase, many treadmills offer different programs to vary your workout speed and level of difficulty.

H said...

I workout at the gym so it's a hi tech treadmill so you can adjust the speeds a few ways. I put in lower speeds at first because I wasn't sure how fast I wanted to go but now I know for next time.